Creating a great culture and working environment is important to us. We have a set of expected behaviours that underpins everything we do, and believe we perform at our best when we:
- Sign up - We commit to where we are going and put our heart into what we do. We get engaged every day.
- Team up - We enjoy the people we work with and appreciate their talents. We find solutions for our customers with joined-up thinking.
- Front up - We are courageous and tackle the difficult issues. We know our value and bring it to our work with confidence, integrity and good judgement.
We take a holistic approach to the well-being of our people - whether it's having a good work-life balance, encouraging good mental and physical health, or thinking about your career and financial future.
You can expect a range of staff benefits that make it more rewarding and enjoyable to work for us. These benefits include:
- competitive remuneration (with annual salary reviews against market rates)
- paid annual leave
- paid parental and long service leave
- flexible working hours
- learning and development opportunities and programmes
- discounted healthcare insurance through Southern Cross and UniMed Insurance
- subsidised gym memberships with City Fitness
- facilities for cyclists who commute to work on their bikes
- exclusive government employee package of personal banking benefits and savings with Westpac
- an employee assistance programme (for confidential and independent help with any issues affecting your work or personal life)
- contribution to retirement savings with the KiwiSaver scheme
- access to holiday homes throughout New Zealand at great rates through membership of the Marram Trust
- annual flu vaccinations, health checks and eye tests
- voluntary union membership (with the PSA and EPMU)
- regular social club events
Your ongoing development
We believe that a high performing organisation starts with high performing people. We are committed to developing the talents, skills and competencies of our people and provide ongoing learning and development opportunities through:
- a comprehensive graduate development programme
- helping people achieve their professional registration
- individual annual development plans
- structured internal/external training programmes
- study allowance
- leadership development programmes.