Creating a great working environment and culture is important to us. We have a commonly held set of expected behaviours that underpins our culture, and believe that we’re at our best when we:
Sign up - Commit to where we are going and put our heart into what we do. We get engaged every day.
Team up - Enjoy the people we work with and appreciate their talents. We find solutions for our customers with joined-up thinking.
Front up - Be courageous. Tackle the difficult issues. We know our value and bring it to our work with confidence and good judgement.
We take a holistic approach to the well being of our people - whether it’s having a good work-life balance, encouraging good mental and physical health, or thinking about your career and financial future.
You can expect a range of staff benefits that make it more rewarding and enjoyable to work for us. These benefits include:
- competitive remuneration (with annual salary reviews against market rates)
- paid annual leave
- paid parental and long service leave
- learning and development opportunities and programmes
- discounted healthcare insurance
- an employee assistance programme (for confidential and independent help with any issues affecting your work or personal life)
- contribution to retirement savings with the KiwiSaver scheme
- access to holiday homes throughout New Zealand at great rates (through membership of the Marram Trust)
- annual flu vaccinations, health checks and eye tests
- voluntary union membership (with the PSA and EPMU)
- regular social club events.
We’re also committed to promoting the professional development of all our people, and helping to develop your talents, skills and competencies. We support and provide ongoing learning and development opportunities through:
- a comprehensive graduate development programme
- helping people achieve their professional registration
- individual annual development plans
- structured internal/external training programmes
- study allowance
- leadership development programmes.