Bridge walk open day
25 July 2010
Come along and walk over the newly built Mangere Bridge before it opens for traffic!
The open day will be from 10am to 2pm.
Early completion - now 31 August 2010!
Exciting changes have been afoot at the Manukau Harbour Crossing Project over the last few months:
- Early project completion, 7 months ahead of the original schedule, was announced by Minister of Transport Steven Joyce in February 2010.
- A third north-bound lane was recently opened, immediately eliminating the long and frustrating traffic queues that had been part of the daily grind home.
- The eye-catching blue cable-stay Beachcroft Avenue pedestrian and cycle bridge was officially opened by Mayor Banks - creating a unique passage between Hillsborough and Onehunga.
Further exciting changes are on the way, with key dates coming up for the project including:
- Public open day - late July 2010
- Some south-bound traffic lanes opening on the new bridge - late July/early August 2010
- Onehunga Harbour Road pedestrian and cycle bridge opening - August/September 2010
- 3 lanes open south bound - late August 2010
- Project completion - 31 August 2010