Family open day
The Tauranga Eastern Link team invites you and your family to the open day on Sunday 17 November 2013 at 10am to 2pm. Download flyer for more information (PDF, 1.86MB).
The project will deliver many benefits, including:
- safer and easier travel
- reduced travel times between Tauranga and Paengaroa
- more efficient connections for business, industry and tourism
- support regional growth
- generate jobs and a flow-on effect into the local economy in the form of wages and salaries.
The objectives of the Tauranga Eastern Link project are to:
- support the managed growth for the area
- improve efficiency and contribute to economic development through improved travel time
- provide a more direct route to the Port of Tauranga
- provide a safer route between Tauranga and Paengaroa.
Construction of the Tauranga Eastern Link starts in 2011 and it is expected to take five to six years, depending on soil and weather conditions. All going well, it will be open to traffic in 2016.