Summer project update
Get up-to-date on the latest TEL project news here
Family open day
The Tauranga Eastern Link team want to thank all those who attended the TEL family open day on Sunday 17 November. It was great to see the interest from the community. View some photos of the day.
The project will deliver many benefits, including:
- safer and easier travel
- reduced travel times between Tauranga and Paengaroa
- more efficient connections for business, industry and tourism
- support regional growth
- generate jobs and a flow-on effect into the local economy in the form of wages and salaries.
The objectives of the Tauranga Eastern Link project are to:
- support the managed growth for the area
- improve efficiency and contribute to economic development through improved travel time
- provide a more direct route to the Port of Tauranga
- provide a safer route between Tauranga and Paengaroa.
Construction of the Tauranga Eastern Link starts in 2011 and it is expected to take five to six years, depending on soil and weather conditions. The project is six months ahead of schedule and is on track to be completed by late 2015.