We offer competitive remuneration, a collaborative and innovative working environment and a range of great benefits for our people.
We are committed to developing the talents and skills of our people and provide ongoing development and leadership opportunities.
Check the list below to see what benefits we have to offer you.
- competitive remuneration (with annual salary reviews against market rates)
- flexible working hours
- learning and development opportunities and programmes
- paid parental and long service leave
- annual flu vaccinations, health checks and eye tests
- discounted healthcare insurance through Southern Cross(external link) and UniMed Insurance(external link)
- the opportunity to join Marram Trust(external link) and access holiday homes throughout New Zealand at great rates, as well as financial assistance with healthcare
- a wellbeing initiative supporting activities that make a positive difference to the physical and mental wellbeing of our people
- an employee assistance programme (for free, confidential and independent help with any issues affecting your work or personal life)
- exclusive government employee package of personal banking benefits and savings with Westpac(external link)
- regular social club events
- facilities for cyclists who commute to work on their bikes.
- our employment agreement allows for the purchase of one additional weeks annual leave (with written agreement from the manager)
- Kiwisaver – is a government work based saving initiative to help you save for your retirement. To check your eligibility and find out more about the scheme please click on the link KiwiSaver(external link)
Training and development
We’re committed to giving our people the experience and learning opportunities to develop their capability. Whether it’s on-the-job experience, signing up to a course, coaching or secondments to other roles within the Transport Agency – you can build a varied and successful career with us and grow your leadership potential.
Our great skills and capability development programme includes:
- leadership development programmes
- individual annual development plans
- structured internal and external training programmes - including Learning Zone, our online learning platform
- study allowance
- helping people achieve their professional registration
- a comprehensive graduate development programme.