This consultation has now closed.
The funding assistance rates review examined how to appropriately share the costs of building, operating and maintaining the land transport network across regions and the country between local government and the National Land Transport Fund.
Download the Funding assistance rates (FAR) review options discussion document [PDF, 3.2 MB]
The discussion document describes the different factors that could determine specific funding assistance rates for each council. It presents:
- five different metrics and combinations of metrics we could use as proxies for councils' relative ability to raise local share – in order to help us identify those councils that need more assistance than others
- indicative funding assistance rates for each council under each option.
We’re seeking feedback on:
- the appropriate overall split of costs between approved organisations and the National Land Transport Fund – the 'overall National Land Transport Fund co-investment rate'
- how we should determine funding assistance rates for emergency works
- how to address National Land Transport Fund investment eligibility and funding assistance rates for Waitangi National Trust and Department of Conservation carriageways
- how we could transition in changes to new funding assistance rates.
Download the questions and answers on the FAR review options discussion document [PDF, 46 KB]