This is a summary of the TORO terms and conditions.
If you're a TORO user or applying to become a user, please make sure you carefully read the full terms and conditions in Applying to use TORO (the application pack).
Applying to use TORO [PDF, 2.2 MB]
- These terms and conditions form the agreement between you (the TORO user) and Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency (the provider of these services).
- This agreement is governed by New Zealand law.
- By signing this agreement, you acknowledge and agree to these terms and conditions.
- If you don't meet the terms of this agreement, you'll be liable for any loss we suffer that's caused by your breach of this agreement.
- We can immediately withdraw TORO services from anyone who fails to meet the terms of this agreement, or abuses the service in any way.
- Information within TORO comes from third parties. We don’t accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy or content of the information in TORO.
- There may be interruptions to the TORO service from time to time (eg interruptions from an internet service provider or information technology (IT) provider). These interruptions are beyond our control, and are part of having a service provided online. We’ll aim to schedule any required maintenance outside of business hours, Monday to Friday.
- We aim to provide a secure and reliable TORO service. We don’t guarantee that TORO will be uninterrupted, secure, or free of malware. If IT systems change significantly and stop the TORO service from working, we’ll aim to provide a replacement TORO service online within two months.
- We won’t, under any circumstance (including negligence), be liable for any loss, injury or damage caused directly or indirectly by:
- us supplying TORO to you
- the way you use TORO
- the way you fail to use TORO.
- You’re responsible for making sure all information in your operator list is accurate and complete, and for making sure you keep that information up to date, when using TORO.
- When you enquire on a driver licence holder, you’ll need to provide either their:
- driver licence number, version number and last name, or
- full name and date of birth.
- We’ll let you know as soon as possible when any of your driver licence holders:
- have a driver licence status that changes (eg current, expired, suspended, disqualified or revoked)
- have a passenger (P), vehicle recovery (V), driving instructor (I) or testing officer (O) endorsement due to expire
- have new conditions added to their driver licence, or existing conditions that change
- have a warning letter issued because they have 50 or more active demerit points
- are wanted for a demerit point suspension because they have 100 or more active demerit points.
- We’ll let you know by sending an email to the email address you provide in your Application to use the Transport Organisation Register Online (TORO).
Access, assignment and termination
- We may assign our rights and responsibilities under this agreement to another party, but will give you at least 30 days’ notice in writing.
- Either party may end this agreement by giving at least 30 days’ notice in writing by email to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (if you’re ending the agreement), or
- your email address (if we’re ending the agreement).
- The parties may agree to end this agreement.
- We may end this agreement immediately by emailing you, if:
- you breach this agreement
- your TSL is revoked, suspended or surrendered
- you misuse the TORO service.
- Ending this agreement won’t release either party from liability for previous breaches.
Protection and use of information
- You must take all reasonable security measures, including your own computer anti-virus and password protection measures, to stop any unauthorised use of, and access to, TORO and your TORO operator list.
- If you don’t keep your access to TORO secure, you may be liable for any related loss we suffer as a result. We may also suspend or end your access to TORO.
- You agree that, before you and your approved administrators access and use a driver licence holder’s details in TORO, and receive status notifications about their driver licence, you will have that driver licence holder’s signed consent. You must get that consent by using the consent form on page 13 of the application pack.
- You must keep the original signed consent form, or other approved record of consent, and provide it to us if we request it. We may request it if we audit your organisation to make sure you’re meeting the terms of this agreement.
- You must meet the requirements in the Privacy Act 2020 and other relevant laws when you collect, store, disclose and use personal information. In particular, you must follow the information privacy principles set out in section 22 of the Privacy Act 2020. For more information on your privacy requirements, please see www.privacy.org.nz(external link)