You can only apply to exit the alcohol interlock programme if you've:

  • had your alcohol interlock licence for at least 12 months, AND
    • not committed any violations in the last six months OR
    • not committed any violations in the last three months AND you've successfully completed a drug and alcohol assessment at a Ministry of Health-approved assessment centre. 

If you meet these criteria, you need to get your alcohol interlock device (AID) provider to download a reading for you. Then complete this form straight away to apply for approval to exit the system. 

We'll let you know when we've approved your application. Only then can you go back to your alcohol interlock provider to get the device removed from your vehicle.  

Your details

AID details

AID provider
I declare that I have: