Skip to content

Access keys for

  • h Home
  • m Menu
  • 0 Show list of access keys
  • 2 Skip to content
  • 3 Skip to top

If you're interested in providing approved driver licensing courses for licence classes or endorsements, you must be a registered assessor with the appropriate industry training organisation (see below) for the relevant course unit standards.

For all course types (except tracks, wheels, or rollers), contact:

For tracks, wheels, and rollers endorsement courses, contact:

In addition to becoming a registered assessor:

  • You must also satisfy the NZ Transport Agency that you have sufficient relevant industry experience in relation to the course type for which approval is sought. This experience must be within the past five years in either an operational or training setting. If you are unsure whether you have sufficient experience, you should contact the driver licensing auditor at your local Transport Agency office.

  • If you are conducting approved courses for classes 2, 3, 4, or 5, you must also hold a driving instructor endorsement for the appropriate class of vehicle. 

  • Where the application is for approval to conduct any of the class 2-5 or V endorsement courses, you must provide evidence of having successfully completed either of the following unit standards:

    • 7097 (Facilitate interactive learning sessions for adults); or

    • 17975 (Plan, conduct, and review interactive group learning for trainee drivers).

  • Where application is for the forklift endorsement course, must provide evidence of holding a current OSH operators or trainers certificate.

  • Complete the course provider approval application form and pay the applicable fee ($38.80 for each course type applied for).

Contact us for more information

Read Factsheet 66: Driver licensing courses for licence classes and endorsements [PDF, 68 KB]