Exemptions related to the passenger service (P) endorsement application process

What could I be exempt from?

We take the safety of everyone on our roads very seriously. You can apply for an exemption to the passenger endorsement application process when you are confident that:

  • you have enough overseas driving experience to ensure safety on New Zealand roads.

When would I apply for an exemption related to a passenger service (P) endorsement?

  • To recognise your overseas driving experience (two years driving experience on a full car licence is the minimum needed).

Make an application

Find out how to make an exemption application

Note: the granting of an exemption does not automatically grant a passenger endorsement.