If your overseas driver licence or permit isn't in English you will also need an accurate English translation.

Acceptable translation documents

If your overseas driver licence or permit isn't in English you must provide an accurate English translation when you are driving and when you want to convert your overseas licence to a New Zealand licence. The translation must be provided by:

The following documents may also be acceptable as a translation:

  • an international driving permit – issued in accordance with a United Nations Convention on road traffic
  • a translation document issued by a Notary Public Office in China.

Approved translators

Filter by:

Approved translators / Manawatū-Whanganui


18 Brooklyn Heights Drive
Kelvin Grove
Palmerston North 4414

| Freephone: 0800 009 003 | Mobile: 022 096 2125
Email: info@globaltranslations.co.nz
Website: www.1hourglobaltranslations.co.nz
All language translations

Ana Belen Almada

Hokowhitu, Palmerston North

| Mobile: 022 356 4211
Email: anabelenalmada@gmail.com
Spanish/English translations only

ITSL - Interpreting & Translation Services Ltd

35A Batt Street, Palmerston North

| Phone: 06 353 1910 | Fax: 06 353 1910
Email: isabelle.poff-pencole@itsl.co.nz


| Mobile: 028 431 1640
Email: nztlsltd@gmail.com
Chinese translations only