The NZ Transport Agency says its state highway construction and maintenance work in Northland remains on schedule despite the region's heavy rain warning.
Although all work is weather dependent, the NZTA says people should be aware of speed restrictions and changes to driving conditions at the following work sites:
- SH1, Whangarei: improvements from SH1/SH14 intersection to SH1/Selwyn Avenue involve on-going road works.
- SH 10 : Cable Bay
- SH 12 : Aranga, Huarau [2 sites], Tokatoka
- SH 14 : Wheki Valley, Waiotama [3 sites]
- SH1 : Moerewa (pavement works)
- SH 12: Maungaturoto (pavement works)
- SH 14 : Tangowahine (sealed section under speed restrictions)
- SH 1 : Western Hills Drive, 4-laning
- SH 1 : Ohaeawai to Springs Flat
- SH 10 : Pakaraka to Awanui