Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises State Highway 29A between the Baypark and Te Maunga roundabouts will be closed on Sunday night and Monday night to allow for a sewer pipe diversion.
SH29A between the roundabouts will be closed from:
- 8pm Sunday 15 December until 5am Monday 16 December
- 8pm Monday 16 December until 5am Tuesday 17 December
Detours will be in place along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road and the Mangatawa Interchange / Sandhurst Drive.
Please use alternative routes where possible or plan your travel for outside these hours. This work is weather dependent, and if delayed will be carried out on the next suitable evenings.
The Transport Agency thanks road users for their patience and ongoing co-operation while construction of the Baypark to Bayfair Link project continues.
- SH29A to Mount Maunganui: detour from Baypark roundabout along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road, turn left at the traffic signals before crossing the bridge onto SH2 Tauranga Eastern Link (TEL) towards Mount.
- SH29A to Papamoa/Te Puke: detour from Baypark roundabout along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road, cross Mangatawa Interchange, turn right onto SH2 TEL.
- Mount Maunganui to SH29A: take Sandhurst Drive exit from the TEL, turn right at the traffic signals, cross Mangatawa Bridge and follow detour along Mangatawa Link Road and Truman Lane to Baypark roundabout.
- Papamoa/Te Puke to SH29A: take Sandhurst Drive exit from the TEL, turn left at the traffic signals and follow detour along Mangatawa Link Road and Truman Lane to Baypark roundabout.
For more information about the Bay Link project, go to www.nzta.govt.nz/baylink
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey this summer. Keep up to date with: