Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises multiple worksites will be in place along State Highway 30/Te Ngae Road, between Sala Street and Iles Road, in Rotorua next week, as part of the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
Delays are expected as a result of these works and may be significant at times. Where possible, the most disruptive work will be done at night to reduce the impact on motorists, while other work will require traffic management during the day.
Waka Kotahi reminds motorists to plan for delays, allow extra time for their journeys and take extra care when travelling through work sites to ensure the safety of themselves, other road users and road workers.
- State Highway 30, Sala Street – traffic on SH30 may experience delays as work takes place at the intersection of Te Ngae Road and Sala Street.
Contractors will be relocating stormwater assets on the eastbound side of the road (outside Puarenga Park). Traffic may be down to one lane outside peak hours from Monday 17 August at 9am to Friday 21 August at 3pm.
Contractors will also be completing traffic signal improvements at the intersection of Sala Street and Te Ngae Road, and commencing work on the new city-bound slip lane on Sala Street. At all times northbound traffic on Sala Street will be down to one lane at the Sala Street/Te Ngae Road intersection.
- State Highway 30, Hume Pine – eastbound traffic on SH30 will be down to one lane between the Puarenga Bridge and Hamiora Place from Sunday 16 August to Friday 21 August.
The lane closure will be in place between 5am and 3pm to allow contractors to complete the construction of a service trench in the road shoulder.
- State Highway 30, Repco – a shoulder closure will be in place on SH30 outside Repco at all times while retaining wall works are completed.
- State Highway 30, Neil Hunt Park – a shoulder closure will be in place on SH30 outside Neil Hunt Park between 7.30am and 5pm while retaining wall works are completed.
- State Highway 30, Redwoods – minor delays are expected between 7.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, while earthworks, watermain installation and shared path preparation and construction works take place outside the Redwoods Park area (between the Redwoods Centre and Puarenga Stream).
- State Highway 30, Iles – a shoulder closure will be in place on SH30 between Allen Mills Road and Iles Road between 7:30am and 5pm while service related work is completed.
Contractors will be installing stormwater manholes, a watermain and constructing a shared service trench.
A temporary speed limit of 30km/h will be in place at the above work sites while contractors are on site – excluding the shoulder closures between Allen Mills Road and Iles Road, and outside Repco and Neil Hunt Park. Outside of work hours the road will operate as normal.
Pedestrians and cyclists will be able to walk or cycle around all worksites, though we recommend using the footpath on the northern side of Te Ngae Road, as sections of the footpath on the southern side has been removed outside Neil Hunt Park and the Redwoods Park. Where required, staff can assist pedestrians past the site safely.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may need to be altered or postponed.
Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey. Keep up to date with: