Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises multiple worksites are active on State Highway 30/Te Ngae Road, between Sala Street and Iles Road, in Rotorua this week, as part of the Eastern Corridor Stage One project.
Delays are expected at times and motorists are advised to plan for these delays and allow extra time for their journeys.
Work sites for the week starting Sunday 16 May:
- State Highway 30, Puarenga Bridge underpass – The Puarenga Bridge underpass remains closed until early June due to unforeseen construction issues.
- State Highway 30, Puarenga Bridge - A slight lane shift for westbound and eastbound traffic remains in place as contractors work to widen the sections of footpath on either side of the bridge to connect with the new shared path. Lane closures may be in place during off peak times.
- State Highway 30, Sala Street to Vaughan Road – The shared path on the northern side remains closed for public safety due to substantial delays in upgrading of services along this section. Shoulder/lane closures may occur during off-peak times as a result of this work.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera Roundabout – The final temporary roundabout remains in place near the Redwood Centre. This is allowing contractors to complete work on the remaining sections of road before the signalised intersection is installed in June.
- State Highway 30, Tarawera Road – We plan to move to the southern side of Tarawera Road to complete service locating for the new watermain along the edge of the footpath later this week. Traffic management will be in place and may include off peak stop/go operations. The footpath will remain open.
- State Highway 30, Marino Road – Marino Road intersection with SH30/Te Ngae Road is due to be re-opened ahead of schedule, on Monday 17 May, weather dependent.
- State Highway 30, Outside Lynmore School – The footpath on SH30/Te Ngae Road outside Lynmore School is closed until Sunday 16 May and single lane closures will be in place to allow for safe removal of trees along the Lynmore School fence line.
- State Highway 30, Allen Mills Road to Iles Road – The eastbound outside lane remains closed while contractors complete the shared path and garden works. Pedestrian access through this section is for business access and residents only as there is no through access to Rotorua CBD. See below map for Pedestrian access routes.
Pedestrian access map
View larger image [PNG, 2 MB]
Temporary speed limits of 30km/h or 50km/h are in place at the above work sites, including when workers are off-site.
Pedestrians and cyclists are encouraged to use the signalised crossings at either Sala Street or Iles Road, and the temporary pedestrian crossing at Tarawera Road.
In the event of bad weather or other unforeseen circumstances, work may be postponed.
Waka Kotahi thanks motorists for their patience.
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey this summer. Keep up to date with: