In preparing the 2018–21 NLTP, the Transport Agency has taken into account the Ministerial expectations that are outlined in GPS 2018. These include:
- taking a lead role in securing integrated planning of the transport system
- ensuring that all transport modes and alternatives have been considered when planning and investing in land transport, and making decisions based on the ability to deliver positive social, economic and environmental outcomes
- taking a lead role in advancing technology and innovation to deliver the best transport solution
- taking a lead role in securing prudent activity management and operations
- working with the Ministry of Transport to monitor and report on the results under the GPS to enable appropriate evaluation of the GPS
- monitoring and reporting on investment decision-making and investment efficiency
- taking a lead role in advancing the Government’s priorities in Auckland.
The Transport Agency is responding to these expectations by showing leadership, sharing information with its investment partners, and refreshing its investment decision-making system to ensure a robust approach is taken to identify appropriate transport solutions.