This page relates to the 2021-24 National Land Transport Programme.
Work category 215 provides for the renewal of components of:
- road bridges
- retaining structures
- stock access structures
- cattle stops
- footpaths on road structures
- pedestrian over-bridges/underpasses.
Work category 215 is available to the following activity classes:
- local road maintenance
- state highway maintenance.
Local road and state highway maintenance
Examples of qualifying activities
Examples of qualifying activities include, but may not be limited to:
- replacement of deteriorated structural members
- replacement of damaged components
- replacement of bridge decks
- replacement or modification of gabion baskets
- replacement of handrails on structures
- replacement of guardrail components
- replacement of crib blocks in retaining structures supporting roads.
You can discuss with us (Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency as investor) whether other potential activities not listed above might also be eligible for inclusion in this work category.
The work category excludes:
Funding assistance rate
The usual funding assistance rate (FAR) is:
- 100% of Waka Kotahi state highway costs.
Submitting activities for National Land Transport Programme (NLTP) consideration and funding approval
Approved organisations and Waka Kotahi (for its own activities) submit their structures component replacement activities for NLTP consideration and funding approval, using the maintenance, operations and renewals module in Transport Investment Online (TIO).
Transport Investment Online(external link)