Examples of qualifying activities
Examples of qualifying activities (primarily related to catering for contracted services) include, but may not be limited to:
- rail stations, interchanges or terminals, shelters and ferry berthing facilities
- like-for-like replacement of public transport facilities and infrastructure with a total cost of more than $5 million per activity
- bus parking facilities
- bus or transit lane/priority improvements, and busways
- enabling work required to accommodate public transport on existing carriageways
- IT system implementation and upgrades, including electronic ticketing and real-time system infrastructure
- safety and security installation and upgrades
- signalling upgrades for the efficient operation of bus or ferry services
- park and ride infrastructure including cycle storage facilities
- pedestrian and cycle access to public transport services
- loan repayments and servicing costs related to public transport infrastructure as agreed by the Transport Agency
- property purchase – see Property purchase section below.
Other potential activities that are not in the above list of examples should be discussed with the Transport Agency for eligibility.