Examples of qualifying activities
Examples of qualifying activities include, but may not be limited to:
- snow clearing and ice control
- vegetation control (see conditions of funding below)
- litter collection on rural roads
- removal of, and protection against, graffiti on road structures
- maintenance and removal of effluent from stock-truck effluent disposal facilities – see Stock effluent facilities
- any special treatment of run-off from the road to maintain water quality
- sweeping loose chip and detritus from road intersections
- removal of rocks and minor slip material from the road or catch fences
- maintenance of rest areas
- maintenance of protection planting, including maintenance pruning
- non-recoverable costs arising from clearing the carriageway of damaged vehicles, crash debris and spillages that are not the responsibility of emergency services, and
- non-recoverable costs associated with removal of abandoned vehicles from road reserves.
Other potential activities that are not in the above list should be discussed with the Transport Agency for eligibility.