Examples of qualifying activities include, but may not be limited to:
- new or improved footpaths, including on an existing bridge
- pedestrian crossing features, including kerb crossings, kerb protrusions, central refuges and pedestrian platforms
- pedestrian crossing controls, including zebra crossings, kea crossings and pedestrian traffic signals
- altering kerb lines to improve pedestrian access
- pedestrian shelters (excluding shelters that are primarily provided for waiting for, or getting to or from, passenger transport)
- pedestrian overbridges/underpasses
- pedestrian crossings of railways
- all markings, traffic signals, lighting, etc. necessary to bring the facility into service
- property purchase - see Property purchase section below.
Other potential activities that are not in the above list should be discussed with the Transport Agency for eligibility.