The NZ Transport Agency and Auckland Transport (AT) are working together to develop plans for a new busway station in Rosedale, to be constructed alongside the new Northern Busway Extension, improving transport options in this area.
The Northern Corridor Improvements Project on Auckland’s North Shore involves a suite of transport improvements including the extension of the Northern Busway alongside the Northern Motorway (SH1) from where it currently ends at Constellation, all the way up to Albany. The new Rosedale Busway Station will be built alongside this new Northern Busway Extension to improve transport options in this busy commercial and industrial hub.
- More transport options for people working in and visiting Rosedale, and for those catching the Northern Express bus service to the city and to Albany and further north
- Direct bus connection from the Rosedale Busway Station to the new Northern Busway Extension, to be built alongside SH1 as part of the NCI project
- Promotes the use of other transport modes as an alternative to private vehicle use
- Improved and more frequent local bus feeder services
- Local road improvements
- Improved walking and cycling connections to the new busway station
- 4,000 passengers daily expected to get on and off at Rosedale Busway Station
- station and plaza located on Arrenway Drive with platforms spanning across Rosedale Road
- drop off and pick up area
- operational and mobility parking bays
- waiting areas
- cycling facilities and connections to local walking and cycling paths
- options for commuter retail amenities
Rosedale Busway Station looking west – Rosedale Road with local bus bays and Northern Busway lanes and platforms on bridge structure above. SH1 motorway lanes visible behind Northern Busway.
Entrance plaza to Rosedale Busway Station from drop-off area, accessed via Arrenway Drive
Planning will continue throughout 2018 as we develop the Rosedale Busway Station design and prepare to apply for consent approval with Auckland Council.
||Investigation phase/Station location options and assessments.
||Preferred station location chosen and preliminary concept design development.
||AT approval of concept design/AT and NZTA funding secured.
||Detailed design work and lodgement of Resource Consents to secure designation.
||Bus station construction (expected to be undertaken by the NCI project alliance).
Our partners on this project