Waka Kotahi and Auckland Transport (AT) are working together to develop plans for a new busway station in Rosedale, to be constructed alongside the new Northern Busway Extension, improving transport options in this area.
The Northern Corridor Improvements Project on Auckland’s North Shore involves a suite of transport improvements including the extension of the Northern Busway alongside the Northern Motorway (SH1) from Constellation Station, all the way up to Albany Station. The new Rosedale Busway Station will be built alongside this new Northern Busway Extension to improve transport options in this busy commercial and industrial hub.
- More transport options for people working in and visiting Rosedale, and for those catching the Northern Express bus service to the city and to Albany and further north
- Direct bus connection from the Rosedale Busway Station to the busway
- Promotes the use of other transport modes as an alternative to using a car
- Improved and more frequent local bus feeder services
- Local road improvements
- Improved walking and cycling connections to the new busway station.
- 4,000 passengers daily expected to get on and off at Rosedale Busway Station.
- Station and plaza located on Arrenway Drive with platforms spanning across Rosedale Road.
- Drop off and pick up area.
- Mobility parking bays.
- Waiting areas.
- Cycling facilities and connections to local walking and cycling paths.
- Options for commuter retail amenities.
Rosedale Busway bridge with ground level station access
Entrance to station at Arrenway Drive
Shared path for walking and cycling
Bus stops at station ground level
Planning is continuing throughout 2020 after we lodged the consent application with Auckland Council.
Our partners on this project