Manakau and Ōhau
Following earlier community consultation, we’ve improved road safety in the Manakau and Ōhau townships.
In both Manakau and Ōhau:
- the speed limit has been reduced to 80km/h through the townships
- threshold treatments at the entrances have been built
- landscaping and street lighting has been added
- road markings have been improved to provide safer cycleways/pull-off areas.
In Manakau we have also:
- removed the southbound passing lane
- added two pedestrian refuges, and
- improved off-road parking.
View map [PDF, 298 KB]
In Ōhau we have also:
View map [PDF, 318 KB]
Waitārere Beach Road Curves
Based on community feedback and to align with the overall Ōtaki to north of Levin project, the Transport Agency has decided to delay the consenting and land purchase for the Waitārere Beach Road Curves Realignment project to ensure that the outcome meets stakeholder/community expectations, addresses the specific safety concerns, and is aligned with the wider O2NL project.
We will commit to discussing/co-designing with the community any ‘interim’ safety improvement options which can be completed online between now and a decision being made on the long term solution/s.
More information on the original proposal is available below.
Vol I Assessment of environmental effects
Vol II Technical reports
- Appendix A Standard Terms and Glossary [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- Appendix B Transport Report [PDF, 2.9 MB]
- Appendix C Stormwater Design Report [PDF, 5.5 MB]
- Appendix D Erosion and Sediment Control [PDF, 4.1 MB]
- Appendix E Archaeological & Heritage Assessment [PDF, 38 MB]
- Appendix F Preliminary Geotechnical Assessment [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- Appendix G Ecological Assessment Report [PDF, 7.7 MB]
- Appendix H Landscape and Visual Assessment [PDF, 6.5 MB]
- Appendix I Acoustic Assessment Report [PDF, 16 MB]
- Appendix J Alternatives Assessment Report [PDF, 1.9 MB]
- Appendix K Assessment of economic effects [PDF, 1001 KB]
- Appendix L Previous Reports List [PDF, 1.3 MB]
- Appendix M Cultural Impact Assessment [PDF, 2.2 MB]
Vol III Plan sets
- Plan Set A – Index [PDF, 3.2 MB]
- Plan Set B – Designation Plan [PDF, 2.3 MB]
- Plan Set C – Land requirement Plans [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- Plan Set D – Layout Plans [PDF, 2.7 MB]
- Plan Set E – General Arrangement Plans [PDF, 5 MB]
- Plan Set F – Poroutawhao School Works Plan [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- Plan Set G – Sediment Control Plans [PDF, 2.1 MB]
- Plan Set H – Drainage Layout Plan [PDF, 3.2 MB]
- Plan Set I – Landscape Context Plan [PDF, 3.4 MB]
- Plan Set J – Typical Cross Section [PDF, 984 KB]
- Plan Set K – Cross Sections [PDF, 5.7 MB]
Other reports (2015)