Construction focused on:
- establishing the work sites
- forming the access tracks
- undertaking environmental monitoring and control works
- undertaking geological investigations
- completing temporary works and the first of 5.9 kilometres of permanent stream diversions
- starting bulk earthworks across the 27 kilometre alignment.
In the coming years we’ll be focused on:
- Completed the final road works, including pavements, barriers, line marking and signage.
- Commissioned and tested traffic management systems.
- Final preparations and opening of the new Transmission Gully motorway to traffic.
- Works on bulk earthworks and roadworks across the 27 kilometres alignment
- Completed and traffic through the new State Highway 58 Interchange
- Completed the Cannons Creek Bridge, which is the last of the project’s 25 bridges to be finished
- Completed the James Cook, Kenepuru and Linden interchanges.
- Works started on the Mackays Crossing Interchange.
- Completed the Te Puka and Horokiri Stream diversions.
- Works on bulk earthworks across the alignment and starting initial road works.
- Works on the new Coast Road section, north of Paekākāriki and redirecting traffic from the existing State Highway 1.
- Completed the State Highway 58 Interchange structures.
- Started the first launch of the Cannons Creek Bridge superstructure. There will be four launches in total to complete the deck structure, which will run through to 2019.
- Works are underway on a number of the project’s structures, including the largest – the Cannons Creek Bridge.
- Works on fill preparation and ramping up of bulk earthworks across the 27 kilometre alignment.
- Starting works on the State Highway 58 interchange structures, which comprise two main bridges and two smaller bridges for the northbound and southbound State Highway 58 Interchange ramps.
- Construction of the Kenepuru Link Road including a bridge over the North Island Main Trunk railway line and Kenepuru Stream.
- Completed the Duck Creek and Pāuatahanui Stream diversions.
- Installed noise and retaining walls at the Linden section and starting works to replace the Collins Avenue bridge.
- Landscaping and planting across the 27 kilometre alignment, which will continue throughout the project.