Grouped crash sites
Published: May 2016
Crash analysis reports
Research & reports
Local & regional government
Grouped crash sites here are locations with four or more crashes.
In this data,
- Urban sites have been grouped using a radius of 30m
- Open road sites have been grouped using a radius of 200m
- Sites with less than four crashes are not included
- Fatal, serious, and minor crashes are counted
- Three years of CAS data from 1 July 2012 to 30 June 2015 has been used
- Crash sites are based on the total number of crashes and do not take traffic volumes into account. This means that locations with high volumes of traffic and intersections are more likely to appear as crash sites even though the risk per trip is modest. Conversely there may be very high risk sites with very low traffic volumes which do not appear as crash sites. A crash site is therefore not the same as a high risk location.