This version of the National register of standards and guidelines for land transport (‘the register’) replaces all previous versions of the register.
The National register provides:
- in a single location, a definitive list of all approved Waka Kotahi Transport Services technical documentation for land transport network related activities
- a simple, easy to access and manipulate, repository of land transport network technical documentation for approved organisations, staff, consultants, contractors and other eligible users.
The National register lists the approved documents applicable to land transport network related activities and is intended to assist users identify key resources related to their work. All documents identify an owner who can provide additional support and information as required.
The National register is routinely updated both on-line and on the Waka Kotahi website. as further technical documentation is approved.
Using the register
Open the register Excel spreadsheet.
Filter the contents using the drop down menu in the top row headings. For example:
- If you know the specification number only, e.g. 'S6', filter using the 'Reference Number' column.
- If you know the document title, e.g., 'Cost estimation manual', filter using the 'Full title' column.
- If you know the name of document owner/creator only, filter using the 'Document contact/ owner' column.
- Alternatively, if you do not know specific details, use the 'Find' tool within Excel. You can search on any words or numbers this way.
- Once you have found what you are looking for, go through the document link or copy and paste it into a new internet browser window to access the file.
- There may be more than one document version listed in the register. For any new work, use the latest version in the list as it should be the most recently approved version.
- The ‘Availability’ column should advise the user how to access the document. If a weblink is provided, these have been tested and, at the time the register was updated, were all active. Please provide feedback if a weblink does not work for you.
To submit documents or if you have any questions or feedback, please contact Transport Services at email@example.com.