About cycling

What to do if there is a crash

If a crash causes injury, a police officer must be given details within 24 hours. The details you need to record are the motor vehicle registration plate numbers, as well as the names and addresses of all the people involved. It may also be helpful to collect the name and addresses of any witnesses to the crash.

In the event of a hit and run where you have no vehicle details, or a non-injury crash, it is still important to contact your local council and police to report the incident.

Children who are involved in crashes should let their teacher or parents know as soon as possible.

< previous | next >

Last updated: 24 April 2013