An intersection is any place where at least two streets or roads join or cross.
An intersection can also be:
- any place where a public entrance or exit joins a road
- any place where shared paths or cycle-only paths join each other or a road.
The following sections explain the give way rules, how to approach intersections and how to ride through these different types of intersections:
- Uncontrolled intersections (without signs or traffic lights).
- Intersections with signs and markings.
- Intersections with traffic lights.