Sometimes you'll see tractors and other farm or construction machinery on the road. Because they're large and usually travel slower than other vehicles, you need to be especially careful when driving near them.
- Begin to slow down as soon as you see a tractor ahead of you and watch out for any warning beacons.
- Be patient – a few minutes of travelling at a slow speed is better than risking a crash.
- Be careful when passing and only pass when it's safe and legal to do so
- Tractors often have wide or long loads, which can make passing more difficult.
- Be careful around tractors that have just stopped, as they may be about to turn.