Asset Management Data Standard (AMDS) training is focused on changes to asset data collection and asset data use.
A train the trainer approach will be used for the AMDS implementation. This ensures knowledge is retained within the sector and allows for a targeted and tailored learning experience.
Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency will provide:
- train the trainer course
- training needs analysis support
- kitset training workshop and reference materials.
The train the trainer course provides Road Controlling Authorities (RCAs) nominated training champions with the preparation and materials needed to deliver effective classroom learning for end-users.
Flexible approach to who can deliver training, but tier 1 suppliers are responsible for training own staff and sub-contracted staff. RCAs to work with contractors, consultants and own staff to determine who is best to be a training champion
Training champion responsibilities
- Attend the train the trainer kick-off.
- Complete training needs analysis which identifies those that need training and the training gap (what do they need to now know or do differently). In terms of AMDS, this will be driven by:
- Whether the team or person is a data collector or data consumer.
- What organisation do they belong to?
- What assets they work with? And how often?
- How do they collect data? PocketRAMM, paper-based form etc.
- How are they best trained etc.
- Adapt the AMDS training materials to learners and unique operating environment.
- Prototype or pilot training.
- Support testing as required.
- Organise logistics for training.
- Make pre-work resources available.
- Deliver workshop training – the training will provide those that either collect, enter, validate or consume asset data the knowledge required around changes in asset data names, values, attributes as a result of the data standard.
- Complete evaluations and track attendance.
- Support learners after implementation.
- Liaise with community of interest.