The State highway annual plan instructions manual (SM018) gives guidance to regional offices, contractors and consultants around what is expected in their annual plan submission for the financial year in question and the dates for which various submissions are due.
The manual outlines how forward works programs for pavement renewals and maintenance should be put together, as well as all other work categories within highway maintenance and operations. The Capital Instructions gives guidance and dates for applying for capital projects including Minor Improvements and Resilience projects.
Guidance around NPV analysis, drainage works, and treatment prioritisation are provided as well as a review of the previous year’s RAPT (review and prioritisation team) findings.
The State highway maintenance contract proforma manual (SM032) is a manual for use by the NZ Transport Agency when preparing state highway tender documents for maintenance contracts. It contains the Transport Agency's Highways and Network Operations physical works maintenance tender documents for the Network Outcomes Contract.
- SM018 Annual plan instructions (maintenance and operations) 2019/20 [PDF, 2 MB]
- Annual plan benchmarking spreadsheet (all networks - FY16/17) [XLSX, 462 KB]
- Sample work categories for network statement submission [PDF, 1.8 MB]
- NPV instructions [PDF, 1.3 MB]
- NPV template [XLSM, 232 KB]
- NPV template example [XLSM, 262 KB]
- Network statement template 2018/19 [DOCX, 61 KB]
- Prioritisation process - 2016/17 [PDF, 342 KB]
- Renewals achievement instructions 17/18 [PDF, 829 KB]
- Annual plan adjustment guide [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- Request for annual plan adjustment form [XLSX, 407 KB]
- Working with funding adjustments in InfoHub [PDF, 173 KB]
- Deferral monitoring form [DOCX, 127 KB]
- 2016 National pavement condition report [XLSX, 4.7 MB]
- 2015 National pavement condition report [XLSX, 4.3 MB]
- Economic evaluation manual
- State highway maintenance contract proforma manual (SM032)
- State highway plan 2016/17 (draft)
Minor improvements / enhanced resilience
- Approved minor improvements programme 17/18 [XLSX, 1.9 MB]
- Project impact estimation 2017/18 [XLSX, 22 KB]
- SM018 Annual plan instructions (capital) 2018/19 [PDF, 4.7 MB]
- Minor improvements template 2017/18 [XLSX, 372 KB]
- Minor resilience application form (<$1m) [DOCX, 122 KB]
- Enhanced resilience application form (>$1m) [DOCX, 258 KB]
- SP1 form (can be used for Enhanced Resilience NPV) [XLS, 181 KB]
- Price level adjustment form [DOCX, 90 KB]
- Small project application form [DOCX, 2 MB]
- 2018/19 State highway minor improvements projects funding bid [XLSX, 685 KB]
- Example of good enhanced resilience application - SH73 [DOCX, 2.2 MB]
For further information contact SM018@nzta.govt.nz.