Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency is the lead regulator for land transport in New Zealand. As regulator, Waka Kotahi is responsible for providing a safe and reliable transport system, and achieving value for money throughout the full asset lifecycle.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity in everything we do
- Be a trusted partner to key stakeholders
- Demonstrate sound decision making and review processes
- Demonstrate our people, processes, and structures consistently deliver on our strategy and demonstrate good value for money to the users of the road network
- Give investor's confidence that Waka Kotahi runs a high performing business.
The quality of assets delivered by capital projects has a direct impact on the cost of maintenance and operation throughout the total asset lifecycle.
BC – Business case
PC – Practical completion
M&O – Maintenance and operations
The Quality Assurance Framework (QAF) supporting the capital delivery and maintenance programme of Waka Kotahi is underpinned by the ISO 9001 Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle.
The QAF is defined by the following:
Documents: Contract proformas, technical standards, minimum requirements, guidelines and forms.
Processes: An ISO 9001 principles based quality management system.
Measurement: Project specific key result areas (KRAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs), non-conformance reporting, progressive works completion and handover.
Project support: Technical Services team (OP3) at Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency project lifecycle support workstream.
Technology: Planview for performance reporting.