Skip to content

CORONAVIRUS DISEASE (COVID-19) SERVICES UPDATE: Find out about services open under Alert Level 1. Please note, we are currently experiencing higher than normal volumes of work so please be patient as our teams work at reduced capacity. More information on our services

SCAM ALERT: Vehicle licence (rego) renewal or tolling payment phishing emails

Access keys for

  • h Home
  • m Menu
  • 0 Show list of access keys
  • 2 Skip to content
  • 3 Skip to top


Back to Resources

Finding a heavy vehicle specialist certifier

Published: | Category: Vehicle inspection & certification , Guidance for specialists | Audiences: Heavy vehicle operators, Importers

Are you having work completed on your vehicle?

The heavy vehicle specialist certifiers document below contains a list of heavy vehicle specialist certifiers in New Zealand and this list will be updated regularly.

If you wish to make modifications to your bus, truck, trailer or other heavy vehicle that change part or all of its structure or layout, you need to use a heavy vehicle specialist certifier to oversee your work.

For more about this, see our page about modifying heavy vehicles.

If you're applying to become a HVS certifier, read our guide to becoming a heavy vehicle specialist certifier.


Useful links

Publication details

  • Author:
  • Published: 4 December 2019