Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises of the following closures for motorway improvements. Work delayed by bad weather will be completed at the next available date, prior to Friday, 25 September 2020. Please note this traffic bulletin is updated every Friday.
Check daily updated closure information(external link)
Unless otherwise stated, closures start at 9pm and finish at 5am.
AUCKLAND HARBOUR BRIDGE – REMEDIAL WORKS
Waka Kotahi is committed to doing everything possible to re-open the centre lanes of the Auckland Harbour Bridge and will be installing a temporary fix to the damaged bridge strut overnight tonight (Tuesday 22 September) – between 9pm and 5am – which will allow one extra lane in each direction to be opened on the centre span of the bridge. The following will be closed to all traffic with detours in place.
- Southbound lanes between Esmonde Road off-ramp and Hobson Street onramp (including the Auckland Harbour Bridge)
- Esmonde Road southbound on-ramp
- Onewa Road southbound on-ramp
If work is unable to be fully completed tonight, an additional (contingency) date has been set for overnight Wednesday 23 September.
NORTHERN MOTORWAY (SH1)
- Upper Harbour Highway southbound on-ramp, 23 September
- Southbound lanes between Northcote Road off-ramp and on-ramp, 24 September (approx. 10:00pm to 5:00am)
- Curran Street northbound on-ramp, continuous closure until further notice
CENTRAL MOTORWAY JUNCTION (CMJ)
- Fanshawe Street southbound off-ramp, 22 September (approx. 10:00pm to 5:00am)
- SH1 northbound to SH16 eastbound (Port) link, 22 September
SOUTHERN MOTORWAY (SH1)
- Princes Street southbound off-ramp, 24 September
- Takanini southbound off-ramp, 22–24 September
- Takanini southbound on-ramp, 22–24 September
- Northbound lanes between Papakura off-ramp and Takanini on-ramp, 22–24 September (approx. 10:00pm to 5:00am)
- Papakura northbound on-ramp, 22–24 September
- Beaver Road northbound on-ramp, 24 September
- Beaver Road northbound off-ramp, 24 September
- Nikau Road northbound on-ramp, 24 September
NORTHWESTERN MOTORWAY (SH16)
- Eastbound lanes between Wellesley Street East off-ramp and Alten Road, 22 September (approx. 10:00pm to 5:00am)
- Grafton Road eastbound on-ramp, 22 September
- Lincoln Road southbound off-ramp, 22–24 September
UPPER HARBOUR MOTORWAY (SH18)
- Eastbound lanes between Upper Harbour Highway northbound on-ramp and Parkway Drive, 23 September
SOUTHWESTERN MOTORWAY (SH20)
- Cavendish Drive northbound on-ramp, 24 September
- Northbound lanes between Lambie Drive off-ramp and Puhinui Road on-ramp, 23 September (approx. 10:30pm to 5:00am)
- Lambie Drive northbound on-ramp, 23 September
GEORGE BOLT MEMORIAL DRIVE (SH20A)
- Eastbound lanes between Kirkbride Road off-ramp and Kirkbride Road on-ramp, 23 September (approx. 10:00pm to 5:00am)
PUHINUI ROAD (SH20B)
- SH20B in both directions between SH20 interchange and Tom Pearce Drive, 22–24 September
STATE HIGHWAY 22 (SH22)
STATE HIGHWAY 2 (SH2)
Please follow the signposted detours. Waka Kotahi thanks you for your co-operation during these essential improvements and maintenance.
To check for the most current overnight closure information please visit www.nzta.govt.nz/traffic/auckland(external link) before you leave.
Auckland roads and public transport: www.at.govt.nz(external link)