Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency advises State Highway 29A between the Baypark and Te Maunga roundabouts will be closed this weekend and next to allow for stone column ground improvement work. These closures will be followed by single lane closures on State Highway 2 to undertake night works.
SH29A between the roundabouts will be closed from:
- 11pm Saturday 29 February 2020 until 5am Monday 2 March (note: this is a delayed start owing to the National Drifting Championships, which finish at 9.30pm on February 29)
- 8pm Saturday 7 March until 5am Monday 9 March
Detours will be in place along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road and the Mangatawa Interchange/Sandhurst Drive.
Please use alternative routes where possible or plan your travel for outside these hours. This work is weather dependent, and if delayed will be carried out on the next suitable weekend(s) or night(s).
Further works will see:
- Single lane closures on SH2 overnight only from 8pm until 5am on Monday 2 March, Tuesday 3 March, Wednesday 4 March and Thursday 5 March 2020 (finishing Friday morning).
- Single lane closures on SH2 overnight only from 8pm to 5am on Monday 9 March and Tuesday 10 March (finishing Wednesday morning). Wednesday 11 March and Thursday 12 March (finishing Friday morning) are contingency dates.
The Transport Agency thanks road users for their patience and ongoing co-operation while construction of the Baypark to Bayfair Link project continues.
- SH29A to Mount Maunganui: detour from Baypark roundabout along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road, turn left at the traffic signals before crossing the bridge onto SH2 Tauranga Eastern Link (TEL) towards Mount.
- SH29A to Papamoa/Te Puke: detour from Baypark roundabout along Truman Lane, Mangatawa Link Road, cross Mangatawa Interchange, turn right onto SH2 TEL.
- Mount Maunganui to SH29A: take Sandhurst Drive exit from the TEL, turn right at the traffic signals, cross Mangatawa Bridge and follow detour along Mangatawa Link Road and Truman Lane to Baypark roundabout.
- Papamoa/Te Puke to SH29A: take Sandhurst Drive exit from the TEL, turn left at the traffic signals and follow detour along Mangatawa Link Road and Truman Lane to Baypark roundabout.
For more information about the Bay Link project, go to www.nzta.govt.nz/baylink
Plan ahead for a safe, enjoyable journey this summer. Keep up to date with: