Requirements for regional councils
Regional councils may apply for funding for Network user information from the Maintenance activity class through work category 151, if they meet the following requirements:
- all regional council applications must be endorsed by the local authorities, and demonstrate that the activities have been coordinated with local interventions in order to maximise the efficiency of the transport network and the capacity and function of existing assets
- a business case or implementation plan must support the application and detail the activities which will be undertaken, demonstrate the planning linkages, and detail how the interventions (options and alternatives) were selected
- a benefit–cost ratio must be calculated for any activity with total cost greater than $1,000,000
- a clear monitoring programme including targets should be included within the business case
- reporting requirements of works completed and outcomes will be required as the equivalent physical reporting is not applicable.
Regional councils must provide additional information to support the application. You may choose to use the Road Safety Promotion activity list.