Class 2 load pilot course guide
Published: July 2019
Commercial drivers & operators
Guidance for specialists
Heavy vehicle operators
This guide book is for people wanting to be class 2 certified load pilot drivers.
- information on the law for load pilots
- information on different ways of warning and controlling traffic while escorting an oversize vehicle
- information on controlling traffic while overweight vehicles cross bridges
- information on the state highway location reference system
- information on sitting the test to become a class 2 load pilot.
You can obtain your class 2 pilot qualification by learning the information in this book and either:
- Passing Class 2 load pilot test with ASPEQ. The Class 2 load pilot test can be booked and paid for on the ASPEQ website https://nzta.aspeqexams.com(external link)
- Sitting Unit Standard 1768 with an accredited MITO assessor. Please contact Waka Kotahi on 0800 683 774 to be provided with a list of assessors.