Sources of air pollution
Air pollution from motor vehicles comes mainly from the combustion of the fuels (eg petrol and diesel) but can also come from brake and tyre wear, and road dust. Motor vehicles and road network activities such as construction work are the key sources of road transport-related air pollution.
Vehicle generated air pollution:
- exhaust emissions from the combustion of fuel
- dust emissions from tyre and brake wear
- road dust from vehicles travelling on sealed and unsealed roads.
Construction and network management related air pollution:
- dust and odour emissions from earthworks
- agricultural spray drift from vegetation control
- emissions from re-sealing operations.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.